Monday, January 14, 2013

Singapore series: Shopping in Singapore


Orchard Road- Probably the most popular shopping area in Singapore, there's definitely something for everyone. From high end stores to local Singaporean brands to lower price fashion, it will take you more than a day to explore the entire area. Warning: this street gets quite crowded and crazy in the weekends. Most stores and restaurant in this area operate from 10am-10pm.

 Mustafa- Located in Little India, this shopping center is a 24 hour budget department store. Although Mustafa is relatively organized but it is not for someone with no patience. There are watches, CDs, DVDs, perfumes, jewelry,beauty products, electronics, house appliances, Indian fabrics...etc. You really have to take your time to look through all the items. 

Haji Lane- A street filled with cute little independent fashion boutiques, bar/restaurants and hookah lounges. 








 

Bugis Village- This shopping area is my favorite as you can see in the later photos of everything that I couldn't leave without *guilty face*.  If you love trendy low price pieces, this is the place for you, they even have quite a few boutiques for men apparel. If you get hungry , there are a good option of street food stalls for a snack. 










Most of these are gifts for people back home but I love every single piece, especially because most of them cost no more than 12 SGD which is just under 10 USD.

Here are a few more places to go shopping if you have the time.

-Bugis Junction- My favorite MRT junction shopping mall that I've been to in Singapore! It has a nice combination of local brands and major retails stores. It is just across the street from Bugis Village. There are alot of good restaurant in the area as well.

-
Millenia Walk- I discovered this shopping center while trying to find a vintage store. I found one of my favorite local brand yet : The Emporium. They had amazing shoes and accessories and I especially fell in love with these clutches. I could not justify spending $200+ on a clutch so I will try to DIY this when I get home. Check out Emporium's facebook page.

via thatsilvergirl.blogspot.com

I hope this was interesting and please comment below!

Next blog will feature some vintage shops in Singapore.

Follow me on instagram @florieleung
Follow me on twitter.
Follow me on Bloglovin' for updates.


xx
Florie

No comments:

Post a Comment